Filter by Category
Adult Learning Center
with Five Town Adult Ed Staff
Unsure of where to start? Call us.
The Learning Center is open to all adults in need of academic instruction and guidance. Hours vary by day, and we will try to meet you on your schedule. Our staff provides individualized instruction in the areas of:
- High School Equivalency
- HiSET Prep
- Accuplacer Prep
- Math and ELA instruction to prepare you for college-level coursework
- General reading, writing, and math tutoring for anyone pursuing college or career education
- Workforce credential or certification tutoring and prep
- College and Career advising
All services through the Learning Center are FREE of charge. If you or anyone you know could use any of these services, please contact us.
Due to restrictions, please do not drop in unannounced to the Learning Center. Call us to schedule your first appointment.
Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) Certification Training
with Woodfords Family Services
Our communities are looking for individuals who want to make a difference in a child’s life.
Children’s behavioral health services are vital to Maine’s children with intellectual disabilities, autism, and mental health disorders and their families. And the need in our area is great! As an integral part of the child’s treatment team, a Certified Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) has the opportunity to make an immediate impact while helping a child grow and develop to their full potential.
We are excited to connect our communities with Woodfords Family Services for this wonderful ONLINE training program. The online training will equip you to successfully help children who are currently on a waitlist for services. The training will prepare you for employment through local social services agencies. The program can be started at any time and finished at your own pace.
- You will complete 12 online modules then two 4-hour live sessions.
- Once the modules are completed, you will receive free online bloodborne pathogen training and virtual First Aid & CPR training if you do not already possess those certifications.
- The entire training requirements will take about 45 hours.
- Assistance with job placement is provided to anyone who completes the program.
- Assistance with technology may be available.
- A high school diploma or equivalency. Proof of education is required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older upon completion of the course.
- An administration fee of $25 is required at registration.
- A reading comprehension assessment is required prior to completing the application, administered through your local Maine Adult Education program. This requirement may be waived by showing successful completion of a college-level English course.
Pharmacy Technician with PTCB Certification
with Diane Tilton, Academy of Medical Professions
Work One-On-One with a Pharmacy Technician Trainer and entirely online with support from a Pharmacy Technician and Trainer. The Pharmacy Technician is one of the fastest growing jobs in health care today. In this course, you will learn everything from the role of the technician in the pharmacy setting, to the basic sciences at the core of pharmacy practice, to preparing for the PTCB exam. You will learn complete drug information that includes proper name, spelling and pronunciation, drug class, generic and trade name, route of administration, dosage and more of hundreds of drugs. You will be able to identify pills on sight with pill photos, gain a better understanding of how certain drugs work within the body with a concise review of relevant anatomy and physiology, and stay up to date with cutting-edge pharmacy practice with the latest information on new drugs, regulations, HIPAA guidelines and safety procedures. You will be ready to pass your PTCB national certification included in cost.
New grants are available for Medical Assistant, Pharmacy Tech, and CNA training programs, call us to see if you qualify for FREE training.
Open enrollment. Payment plans are available. Call the Adult Education office for more information.
Quickbooks Desktop 2019 Series
with Scott Paxton
Understanding QuickBooks is one of the top skills a small business owner needs to successfully run their business. If you are a busy professional that wants to oversee your bookkeeping and accounting, the QuickBooks 2019 Series will teach you how to use this popular accounting software.
Introduction to QuickBooks 2019
The introductory course will teach you the basics of QuickBooks 2019. You will learn how to reconcile accounts, enter and pay bills, track inventory, and generate reports. By course completion, you will know how to automate several common bookkeeping tasks, and ultimately streamline your business.
Intermediate QuickBooks 2019
Many experienced QuickBooks users often struggle when applying certain business situations to QuickBooks. The Intermediate course will teach you more in-depth features and applications, which is ideal if your business is growing. It is designed for those QuickBooks users that have a firm understanding of the basics, or those that successfully completed the Introduction to QuickBooks course.
These courses must be taken on a PC device. A Mac OS is not compatible.
This course has rolling start dates. Click here to view dates, read the syllabus and instructor information, and register.